Welcome to our website!
The Children’s Law Center New York (CLCNY) is a non-profit law firm funded by the New York State Office of Court Administration and founded on the belief that children deserve skilled zealous advocates in the court system.
Our mission is to give a child a strong and effective voice in a legal proceeding that has a critical impact on his or her life. Each year in New York City, thousands of children are the subjects of custody/visitation, domestic violence and guardianship disputes. These cases can be very contentious and very emotional, and the outcomes have a critical impact on the lives of the children involved. Yet, while each adult has an opportunity to speak to the Court, the child’s voice is often faint, or not heard. At CLCNY, our Client Values are:
- Communicate our client’s voice
- High quality representation
- Integrate legal representation with social work
- Listen to our clients
- Develop the client’s sense of participation
The Children’s Law Center
44 Court Street, 11th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 522-3333 About Us Who We Are Client Services Stories-Their Voices How Can I Help Work at CLC News and Events Employees Donate